InformationCard-C provides a cross-platform C library, allowing consumption of Information Cards
by a Relying Party
. The library is low-level, meant to be easily adapted to many environments and languages.
This is the first release of the InformationCard-C library.
InformationCard-C is a low-level library for processing of submitted identity information based on the Information Card profile. This library is meant to be used for integration into websites, as well as for integration support for higher-level languages, web servers and application frameworks.
In parallel with this release, SourceID
has published a PHP extension leveraging this library, as well as a drupal module integration Single Sign-on and automatic registration into the Drupal CMS system. These are both available for download here
technology is part of the Microsoft initiative for providing secure authentication for the Internet Age. Through the UI paradigm of Information Cards
, the user is presented with a simple, consistent way to manage and securely present their identity to various distributed, heterogeneous systems. This is meant to be done as easily as the user presents different forms of authentication from the identification cards on their physical person, and forms an important part of the Identity Metasystem
Within CardSpace there are three software components:
- The Identity Selector, which presents and allows choosing from acceptable forms of authentication
- The Identity Provider, which provides cards to users for them to use in authenticating to various systems
- The Relying Party, which requests from a selector that specific information to be securely supplied from an identity provider.
CardSpace is used both as a system to authenticate web application requests, and to secure web services interactions through smart clients.
Reference PHP Sample Application
Ping Identity has created a PHP extension to allow the InformationCard-C library to be used from PHP, along with a module for Drupal integration.. Both of these are available for download at SourceId.org
. Open Standards
The Information Card model is built on open, interoperable communication standards
that have been implemented on Windows and other platforms.
More information on interoperability, please take a look at the Identity Selector Interoperability Profile
Microsoft Interoperability http://www.microsoft.com/interop
InformationCard-C has been created as part of a collaboration between Ping Identity
- Create a library to implement integrate support for information card authentication into web applications
- Enable the creation of higher-level support for integration with existing technologies
- Provide documentation as to how to easily incorporate information cards to your web application
- Enable future support for managed identity and other digital identity (token) formats